1. Not buying a bike to suit the type of riding you want to do. A good store will help you determine what bike will suit your needs. The terrain you are going to ride on is the biggest factor.
2. Not getting the right bike the first time around. Buying a bike to upgrade later is more expensive than getting the right bike in the beginning. We will help you pick the bike you can afford and balance that with the features you want. Our staff will help you assess your needs and pick the right bike the first time around.
3. Not buying from a reputable bike store. Bikes bought from stores that sell toothpaste tend to be very heavy and not of a high quality. They also are very well sized. Perhaps a 27.5" Mountain bike which is only the wheel size. We have 5 to 6 different sizes of 27.5" Mountain bikes. For the elementary aged kids right up to really tall adults. Pioneer Cycle has been in business for 30 years and going strong. We hope to see you soon.
4. Not getting the bike fit to you. Your personal comfort is a moving target and a bike store can adjust your bike as you determine how you will be more comfortable. A good fit gives you 10-30% more power and reduces your chance of injury. We offer a Lifetime of Adjustments with every bike you purchase from us. This will help you to have a comfortable ride.
5. Not bringing in your bike for service and putting off maintenence of your bike. Pioneer Cycle does a Life of FREE fittings, brake, and gear adjustments, and flat replacements so you can ride worry free. Click here for a list of what you get with a bicycle purchased from Pioneer Cycle.